Spare goggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» We seem to be down again
by von Corax Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 pm

» Gateway Timeout Errors
by von Corax Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:06 am

» Yet Another Upgrade: Saturday, 2 September 2023
by von Corax Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:58 pm

» Major Announcement: The Great Migration is Done!
by von Corax Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:13 pm

» If you're attempting to register at Brass Goggles…
by von Corax Fri May 26, 2023 5:30 am

» My Account on the Main Forum Has a Problem; Need Help
by Sorontar Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:57 pm

» Sceduled Server Maintenance
by von Corax Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

» Major Software Upgrade Wednesday June 8, 2022
by von Corax Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

» Writing a Book...!
by Sarahsteam Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 am

» Subject: STEAMPUNK!
by Bartholomew Thatch Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:17 am

» Scheduled Maintenance Saturday Feb 19, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon EST
by Lazaras Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 am

» New Brass Goggles Administrator
by Xenos Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 am

» New member introduction thread.
by Avalon Skyboat Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:24 am

» Unexpected Change of Nationality?
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:34 pm

» How was your day thread (continued)
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

» We Have Reached Peak Beard!
by Xenos Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 am

» Choose your Favorite Spare Goggles Emoticon!
by von Corax Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

» I hereby declare this a wizard-free zone
by The Corsair Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 731 registered users
The newest registered user is vastfrontierz

Our users have posted a total of 8211 messages in 708 subjects

How was your day thread (continued)

+47
J. Wilhelm
Inflatable Friend
mwbaaailey
Ottens
RockyB
Sorontar
rovingjack
B. R. Wilson
ms_boo_dreadful
SteamChild
Hester
Haizea
Shameri
LimeBerry
A.G.Morgan
lilibat
Zwack
The Kernel
stormfeather
Dandeliondream
The V.A.P.
Herr Döktor
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Kirsty
Honeythorn
Mercy
Crimson Nocturn
Siliconous Skumins
MaggotyAnne
Hepzibah
Em
CaptainPhania
Tanuki
ixiana
Sir A Poiselamppe
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Miss Gaslight
OldProfessorBear
Plum
emmeline_x
Gadd
Mrs. Sullivan
Mad Maxine
JingleJoe
Captain Dave Hawker
Dr. Oliver Cross
Administrator
51 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How was your day thread (continued) - Page 3 Empty Re: How was your day thread (continued)

Post  MaggotyAnne Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:54 pm

Unbelievably, mind-blowingly horrible.
I'm quitting 20mg Lexapro cold turkey because I'm a fooking idiot. Wish me luck.
MaggotyAnne
MaggotyAnne
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-15

http://maggoty-anne.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

How was your day thread (continued) - Page 3 Empty Re: How was your day thread (continued)

Post  Siliconous Skumins Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:07 pm

MaggotyAnne wrote:Unbelievably, mind-blowingly horrible.
I'm quitting 20mg Lexapro cold turkey because I'm a fooking idiot. Wish me luck.

Good luck, but please be VERY carefull about suddenly stopping any form of SSRI drugs - you should speak to your doctor first (if you haven't allready) to find out what side effects and withdrawl symptoms you may likely experience. Typical effects of a sudden large reduction in dose or stopping of dosage of most SSRIs are: paraesthesia (often called "pins and needles" - a feeling of tingling, pricking, or numbness in the skin), dizziness, sweating, nausea, insomnia, and irritability (can sometimes be quite extreme). Another symptom often reported is a feeling like a sudden electric shock like sensation (limbs or whole body may jerk or shiver as if an electric shock was applied, or more simply only a sensation of a "zap" of electricity flowing from your brain to the rest of the body, without involuntary bodily movment). Depending on your reason for taking an SSRI in the first place, you may experience strong mood swings.

My advice would be to wean yourself off gradually, you should speak to a doctor for a recomended reduction scheme (typically reduced by around 5 - 10mg biweekly (once every two weeks) for most SSRI class drugs - but I'm not in anyway qualified to advise this, so speak to a doctor FIRST!).

SS

Siliconous Skumins

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kernel Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 pm

I must agree with Mr SS.
You're on the top dose of escitalopram (licensed range 10-20mg daily), it would probably be much easier and safer to drop to 10mg daily for at least 4 weeks (to get used to the new dose and to ensure you don't relapse)
The Kernel
The Kernel
officer
officer

Number of posts : 116
Flag : Swizerland
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  OldProfessorBear Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Don't do it without proper medical supervision.

Please.
OldProfessorBear
OldProfessorBear
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Gaslight Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:04 am

I had a very enjoyable weekend with pirates and I came back with more treasure than I arrived with.(I may have had my heart stolen by a rather dashing governor.)

Monday started out with me going in for a filling and coming out -four wisdom teeth. I have been sleeping a lot since then and it looks like I will miss rollerskating for the first time in months tomorrow because apparently it could mess up the healing holes were my teeth used to be. I am on a squishy or gum-able food diet and it is making things hard. It doesn't help that every time I wake up I feel like I am starving. Hopefully my body will sort it self out soon.

I have two penpal letters to respond too and I was in a tv commercial this morning. This week is interesting.
Miss Gaslight
Miss Gaslight
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 138
Flag : European Union
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Jemima Annabelle Clough Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:48 pm

I have to have my blood tested tomorrow morning - just looked at the form and there's at least a dozen things being checked for!

Jemima Annabelle Clough
officer
officer

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:24 am

I am currently waiting for borsch to cook down another hour and a half.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanuki Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:49 am

I went to the Abney Park concert last night, and had an amazing time. They played "Airship Pirate" twice because the misheard my repeated requests for "Virus" Laughing

Met some really cool people, and got a lot of compliments on my outfit, which was really cool^^

I even got heckled before the show. Some guy tried to poke fun at me, asking where my airplane is. Instead of being hurt, I played along. Finally, he got mad about my lack of negative reaction, and just said "You know you look like an idiot, right?". I shrugged, smiled, and said "So?". Then I skipped away. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Captain Robert said I could sample their songs for my upcoming album - that was awesome. The whole band really seemed to dig on the idea of Steampunk rap. They even had a sweet idea about scratching with two gramophones. Now I need to find two gramophones.

I'll be posting a more in-depth review of the show on my site as soon as I feel up to it. Needless to say, I had a very long, tiring, fun night.
Tanuki
Tanuki
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 43

http://www.myspace.com/mctanuki

Back to top Go down

Post  JingleJoe Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Last night I got drunker than I ever have been before, it was fantastic untill all the throwing up lol! I still feel a bit discombobulated but I'm much better today Smile
Also I forgot to feed my woodlice and all the small ones ganged up on the biggest one and ate it Neutral it'll take forever for those little monsters to grow that big again!
JingleJoe
JingleJoe

Number of posts : 186

http://www.greendungeon.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Sullivan Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi Tanuki. Do you have any pictures from the show? I was also at the Abney Park show in Seattle. Stormfeather and I drove up from Portland and stayed with her friend Mary in Tacoma, then the three of us went on to Seattle to have dinner with the Seattle Steamrats before the show. The Steamrats are lovely, friendly people and great hosts! After dinner we invaded a nearby hotel lobby to snap some pictures (they were most gracious about it, BTW), with Steamrat Anna Sophia.
We had a great time at the concert- took a pic and chatted with Cap'n Robert,who said they'd like to do a Portland concert in the near future. I won a Seattle Steamrats mousepad (designed by Molly Porkshanks) in the raffle! I didn't get to bed until almost 4 am. We had breakfast and drove back to Portland the next day and stopped by the Portland Halloween Bazaar, where we got some purple and black stripy socks from Sock Dreams, and some Dragon's Blood perfume from Vajra at Conjure Oils (heavenly!). We got so many compliments on our outfits all evening. A cheerful drunk asked us what we were supposed to be, then told us we were "The Three Leprechauns" (sp?). What a great time!
Mrs. Sullivan
Mrs. Sullivan
Ætheric engineer (admin)

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Siliconous Skumins Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:40 pm

JingleJoe wrote:Also I forgot to feed my woodlice and all the small ones ganged up on the biggest one and ate it Neutral it'll take forever for those little monsters to grow that big again!

I've told you before - that was not a giant woodlouse, it was an armadillo.....! Laughing

As for the throwing up thing - my friend did exactly the same thing on friday night........straight into my weelie bin. I wouldn't have minded too much, only I had just wedged a large carboard box in there, and planned to flatten it later - now I have a puke coverd carboard box wedged in my bin (which I'll have to pull out because it won't drop out when emptied...). pale

SS

Siliconous Skumins

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanuki Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Mrs. Sullivan wrote:Hi Tanuki. Do you have any pictures from the show? I was also at the Abney Park show in Seattle. Stormfeather and I drove up from Portland and stayed with her friend Mary in Tacoma, then the three of us went on to Seattle to have dinner with the Seattle Steamrats before the show. The Steamrats are lovely, friendly people and great hosts! After dinner we invaded a nearby hotel lobby to snap some pictures (they were most gracious about it, BTW), with Steamrat Anna Sophia.
We had a great time at the concert- took a pic and chatted with Cap'n Robert,who said they'd like to do a Portland concert in the near future. I won a Seattle Steamrats mousepad (designed by Molly Porkshanks) in the raffle! I didn't get to bed until almost 4 am. We had breakfast and drove back to Portland the next day and stopped by the Portland Halloween Bazaar, where we got some purple and black stripy socks from Sock Dreams, and some Dragon's Blood perfume from Vajra at Conjure Oils (heavenly!). We got so many compliments on our outfits all evening. A cheerful drunk asked us what we were supposed to be, then told us we were "The Three Leprechauns" (sp?). What a great time!

I was there at dinner with you! I was the one in an aviator helmet performing magic tricks with the silverware^^

Unfortunately, I has no camera, so I was unable to get any pics at the show-_- But there were a lot of cameras there, snapping away (and blinding me at every possible opportunity, it seemed><), so I keep looking out on the tubes for more photos from that night.
Tanuki
Tanuki
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 43

http://www.myspace.com/mctanuki

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kernel Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Pretty good
Went to the zoo with the family yesterday (good time had by all) and spent today replacing/updating the security lighting round the house, finished off with a family BBQ.
Possibly the last of the season (feeling very Autumnal despite a sunny day - currently 10 degrees C) - overnight frosts forcast for next weekend.

Last edited by The Kernel on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : weather updates!)
The Kernel
The Kernel
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir A Poiselamppe Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:30 am

Today a definite improvement on yesterday, which ended with a massive migraine, so things are on the up
Sir A Poiselamppe
Sir A Poiselamppe
One who possesses 71 posts

Number of posts : 71
Location : Poiselamppe Towers, Little Lamppestanding-on-the-Wyre
Flag : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kernel Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:14 am

Rain all day yesterday (with bursts of "Florida Rain" - except our drains in NW England just arn't built to cope) and the forecast is for more of the same!
The Kernel
The Kernel
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jemima Annabelle Clough Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Well, I've been told I can start on anti depressants, but need to discuss the results of a recent blood tests with the possibility of further investigation. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious from what the doc said on the phone, and also from the fact I don't have to go back immediately, but can wait a couple of weeks Smile

Jemima Annabelle Clough
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kernel Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Jemima Annabelle Clough wrote:Well, I've been told I can start on anti depressants, but need to discuss the results of a recent blood tests with the possibility of further investigation. Smile

Unfortunate that you need antidepressants but they are very useful to help you cope and have the where-with-all to sort out/deal with the problems.
I hope it goes well.
The Kernel
The Kernel
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwack Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Jemima Annabelle Clough wrote:Well, I've been told I can start on anti depressants, but need to discuss the results of a recent blood tests with the possibility of further investigation. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious from what the doc said on the phone, and also from the fact I don't have to go back immediately, but can wait a couple of weeks Smile

Join the club....

I've just been given a renewed anti-depressant prescription for the next six months or so... Hopefully this is only temporary but I'm still trying to deal with some personal issues... Sad

Blood tests could be anything... Possibly your cholesterol levels are slightly too high. It may be as simple as mild dietary changes, or more drugs...

Nothing that's immediately dangerous, but something that you probably want to know/do something about.

All the best.

Z.

Zwack
Comanding Officer

Number of posts : 223
Flag : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Jemima Annabelle Clough Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Thanks both Smile

My cholesterol is slightly too high - not enough to need meds, but enough to warrant a talk. My prolactin is high, which is the one that might need further investigations. I can't offhand remember on the ones that haven't cme back yet - testosterone was one.

Jemima Annabelle Clough
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwack Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Jemima Annabelle Clough wrote:Thanks both Smile

My cholesterol is slightly too high - not enough to need meds, but enough to warrant a talk. My prolactin is high, which is the one that might need further investigations. I can't offhand remember on the ones that haven't come back yet - testosterone was one.

Depending on what tests they did... Thyroid function and some diabetes related ones are also potential minor issues. I'm not a doctor though.

My sister, a lifelong vegetarian, has high cholesterol, so it can be genetic too. In those cases there isn't much you can do to reduce it... Sad

Anyway, all the best.

Z.

Zwack
Comanding Officer

Number of posts : 223
Flag : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  lilibat Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:50 am

The last two weeks have actually been fairly sucktastic. I have been sick twice, injured my toe to the point I couldn't wear shoes for a week and then there is all the financial stress being compounded by the financial woes nationally.

Not a happy bat.
lilibat
lilibat
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  A.G.Morgan Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:45 am

As I was walking up the sidewalk I passed a fellow student who, upon seeing me, exclaimed "Holly sh*t. You look like Indiana Jones!" I've been told that before, as I wear a brown leather jacket and a brown hat, but never by a complete stranger.
After explaining that I had been wearing this get up for years, and complementing him on his own fine brown coat, I continued on my way.

Then when passing a party of young men at an open air restaurant, I noticed that as I passed they began to talk excitedly. Then I noticed that they were singing!

Da da Da DA, Da da da, Da da Dada, da Da Da DADA, Da da dat da, Da Da DA, DA DADA DA DA DA da DATALA DATALA DA!

I admit I felt quite flattered to be accompanied by a theme song, even for just a moment. I turned, waved my hat, and bowed to them. They took to laughing and I went on my merry way.
It was a nice end to my school day, I must say.

A.G.Morgan
gunner
gunner

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-09-17

http://agmorgan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kernel Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 am

Terrifying
Cut my hair yesterday and there were no dark hairs at all in the sweepings!
What little head hair I have left is now totally grey.
Fortuantly facial and other hair(chest/back) is still dark (mostly) but if this carries on I'll look like a polar bear.
And I'm not even 44 yet!
I suppose I could grow a beard and try to give the impression I put my head on upside down in the morning.
The Kernel
The Kernel
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir A Poiselamppe Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Though I'm supposed to be collecting money from various people. have so far written of a few thousand today, so no debt for them any more...

A good day so far, and for a few others too...

Huzzah
Sir A Poiselamppe
Sir A Poiselamppe
One who possesses 71 posts

Number of posts : 71
Location : Poiselamppe Towers, Little Lamppestanding-on-the-Wyre
Flag : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post  LimeBerry Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:24 pm

The Kernel wrote:Terrifying
Cut my hair yesterday and there were no dark hairs at all in the sweepings!
What little head hair I have left is now totally grey.
Fortuantly facial and other hair(chest/back) is still dark (mostly) but if this carries on I'll look like a polar bear.
And I'm not even 44 yet!
I suppose I could grow a beard and try to give the impression I put my head on upside down in the morning.

Well, Kernel, there are always more drastic shifts - My friend's father has had full white hair since he was 20. I've honestly never seen the man with any other color hair.

LimeBerry
crewhand
crewhand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-30

http://fouryong.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next